Descendants of Franscesco Anello
Generation No. 1
1. FRANSCESCO1 ANELLO was born 1792 in Palermo Sicily, and died November 24, 1878 in Palermo Sicily. He married ROSALIA PUCCIO.
Children of FRANSCESCO ANELLO and ROSALIA PUCCIO are:
2. i. SALVATORE2 ANELLO, b. 1824, Mezzo. section ofPalermo Sicily; d. January 05, 1886.
3. ii. STEFANA ANELLO, b. Palermo Sicily.
Generation No. 2
2. SALVATORE2 ANELLO (FRANSCESCO1) was born 1824 in Mezzo. section ofPalermo Sicily, and died January 05, 1886. He married MARIA MANFRE September 18, 1844 in Palermo, Sicily.
Children of SALVATORE ANELLO and MARIA MANFRE are:
4. i. ROSALIE3 ANELLO, b. June 15, 1845, Palermo,Sicily; d. November 28, 1878, Palermo Sicily.
5. ii. ANTONINO ANELLO, b. Italy.
iii. MARIA ANELLO, b. August 1847.
3. STEFANA2 ANELLO (FRANSCESCO1) was born in Palermo Sicily. She married GAITANO CONTI October 09, 1844 in Mezzomoreale, Palermo, Sicily.
Child of STEFANA ANELLO and GAITANO CONTI is:
i. FRANCESCA3 CONTI, b. June 1846.
Generation No. 3
4. ROSALIE3 ANELLO (SALVATORE2, FRANSCESCO1) was born June 15, 1845 in Palermo,Sicily, and died November 28, 1878 in Palermo Sicily. She married PLACIDO MARCHESE December 31, 1860 in Palermo, Sicily, son of GIOVANNI MARCHESE and MARIA MEGNA. He was born January 05, 1838 in Palermo Sicily.
Notes for ROSALIE ANELLO:
Rosalie Anello was born in Palermo, Sicily. One of her brothers is Anthony Anello, whose son is Benedetto Anello. Benedetto was the cousin of Mario Marchese that helped the family get started in San Diego around 1926.He got Mario a job at the S.D. Gas & Electric. When Benedetto was a young man in Palermo, he worked in the gardens at the Villa Tasca which was the villa and gardens of some Count. Benedetto's wife is Angelina Bavuso. Their daughter is Nancy Anello, of San Diego.
Benedetto came to San Diego in 1915. He worked until retirement at Balboa Park as a landscaper. After that, he worked at Convair. He died in 1972 and is buried at the Holy Cross Cemetery in San Diego.
Mario told his children that his mother, Rosalia, died when she was pushing him in the park, he was 3 months old.
More About ROSALIE ANELLO:
Burial: Palermo, Italy
Notes for PLACIDO MARCHESE:
Placido Marchese was born in Palermo Sicily. He married Rosalie Anello. They had atleast 5 children, Maria, Giovanni, Salvadore, Teresa and Mario. The records show he married again 2 years after Rosalie died.
Children of ROSALIE ANELLO and PLACIDO MARCHESE are:
6. i. MARIO4 MARCHESE, b. September 14, 1878, Palermo, Sicily; d. August 07, 1946, San Diego CA.
7. ii. SALVADORE MARCHESE, b. December 21, 1871, Palermo Sicily; d. February 03, 1944, In San Jose.
8. iii. TERESA MARCHESE, b. 1876, Palermo Sicily; d. 1919, San Jose, CA.
9. iv. GIOVANNI JOHN, MARCHESE, b. 1863; d. 1897, Palermo Sicily.
v. MARIA MARCHESE, b. 1862, Palermo Sicily; m. UNKNOWN, October 24, 1882, Mezzomoreale, Palermo, Sicily.
Notes for MARIA MARCHESE:
Maria is probably the oldest child of Placido and Rosalia. She was born about one year before Giovanni. She was named after three Marias in the family, Placido's mother, Rosalia's mother, and Rosalia's grandmother.
Marriage Notes for MARIA MARCHESE and UNKNOWN:
The couple was married by Father Paolo
5. ANTONINO3 ANELLO (SALVATORE2, FRANSCESCO1) was born in Italy. He married NUNZIA 1875 in Mezzomoreale, Palermo, Sicily. She was born in Italy.
Children of ANTONINO ANELLO and NUNZIA are:
10. i. BENEDETTO4 ANELLO, b. April 01, 1882, Italy; d. November 04, 1972, San Diego.
ii. FRANCIS ANELLO.
iii. ANNIE ANELLO.
iv. ALEXANDRA ANELLO.
Generation No. 4
6. MARIO4 MARCHESE (ROSALIE3 ANELLO, SALVATORE2, FRANSCESCO1) was born September 14, 1878 in Palermo, Sicily, and died August 07, 1946 in San Diego CA. He married DOMENICA PAVIA February 1906 in New York, New York, daughter of GUISEPPE PAVIA and GUISEPINA. She was born 1893 in New York, and died December 20, 1926 in San Jose, CA.
Notes for MARIO MARCHESE:
Mario came to America from Palermo on the ship Third Prince. He arrived in New York Harbor on July 4th, 1903. This is according to his Naturalization papers. He told his son Joe, that he had worked on the ship to get his passage over here. His sister Teresa, sister-in-law Maria and her 3 children John, Rose and Charles, also came on the boat from Palermo. In New York, Mario worked for the Pavias in the furniture hauling business. He also worked as a city laborer. He married their daughter Dominica (Minnie was her nickname) in 1907.Minnie was only 14.They had their lst child Rose,in 1908. According to the 1910 Census, Mario and Minnie lived with her parents at E 114th St. in Manhattan New York and at that time their first child , Rosalia was 2 and they had a 1 month old baby, Benjamin. He must of died before they moved to San Jose, because there is no record of him there. They moved to San Jose, Ca. about 1910. They lived there about 15 years and had the rest of the children, starting with Albert and ending with Mario Jr. They had 10 live births in all. Mario Sr. worked for the Charles C. Navelit Nursery in San Jose. He was a tree surgeon, could graft any plant and grow it. He really knew his business and also alot about agriculture. He moved to San Diego in 1927, after his wife Minnie died in 1926. She was 33 when she died.He came and brought all his children, they first stayed next door to his cousin,Benedetto Anello on National Ave. He worked for the San Diego Gas Co. and was a powder man, dropping dynamite in holes to set telephone poles.There lst house was on National Ave.and Crosby St., behind a store. The address was 2002 National Ave. The house was torn down for one of the pillars of the Coronado Bridge. It is told by son Victor and Joe that Mario lost his job in San Jose because the neighbor , Cardinelli,had a whisky still that was kept in Mario's basement.One day the police came, someone had turned them in, and took Mario off to jail. Uncle Salvadore bailed him out. He lost his job and good name because of the incident, so that is why he came to San Diego.Mario had a noticable scar on his neck, which he attributed to being thrown from a horse in Italy. He was badly hurt, but received no medical attention.
He later married again, but was very unhappy with his choice, and they parted. He than stayed with his kids, one at a time,until his death in 1946.
More About MARIO MARCHESE:
Burial: Mt. Hope Cemetary
Cause of Death: The death certificate says Lobar Pneumonia
Occupation: 1908, When Mario first came to New York, it is recorded that he was an "Expressman", details unknown.
Notes for DOMENICA PAVIA:
Domenica (Minnie), is buried at Santa Clara Catholic Mission Cemetary in San Jose. Minnie loved to play the piano, sing and whistle.Mario even bought her a player piano. She would go to the nearby music store to listen to music, then she would come home and play it. According to son Joe "The man from the music store would come to our house to listen to her play the piano. The only time we were allowed into the living room was when my mother would play the piano for us. She didn't speak Italian and wouldn't let my father speak Italian to us. She was very "American". My mother was very neat and immaculant. She kept all of the kids in line and clean. We were always dressed very nicely. My dad and her always had lots of fun together." She was hard working, neat and beautiful. Loved to garden and was a great cook. The family attended Sacred Heart Church, on Willow Ave. San Jose. It was 2 blocks away. She had 10 live births between 1910 and 1926. Her grave stone is a beautiful heart, showing how much she was loved.
Mario and Minnie first lived in New York, at 205 E. 106th St. , where Rosalie was born in 1908. The birth certificate claims that Domenica had already had one child before Rosie, so the baby probably died. In 1910 the census shows they lived with her parents at E.114th St. They lived in San Jose, CA. at 759 Palm St. for about 15 years.
When she was hospitalized for Mastoids, she was admitted Dec. 8 and operated on Dec. 9th. and was there for 20 days before her death on December 20, 1926.
Minnie had a sister, Rose Molone and a brother Alfredo that both lived in New York. In 1910 the record also shows she had a brother Fred, that apparently died before Minnie did.According to an old picture, she had 2other siblings, one named Joey,and the other Jenny.They also died before Minnie died.
More About DOMENICA PAVIA:
Burial: Santa Clara Catholic Cemetery
Cause of Death: She died of Mastoiditis
Medical Information: She was in the hospital 20 days, suffering from mastoids. Her husband, Mario, was so mad, because when he came to visit it was evident that the doctor and nurses were not taking good care of her.
Marriage Notes for MARIO MARCHESE and DOMENICA PAVIA:
When Mario and Domenica married she was only 13 years old, and when they had their first child Rosalia, Domenica was only 15.
Children of MARIO MARCHESE and DOMENICA PAVIA are:
11. i. JOHN HENRY5 MARCHESE, b. January 20, 1913, San Jose, CA; d. January 13, 1991, San Diego CA.
12. ii. ROSE MARCHESE, b. February 02, 1908, At 205 E. 106th Street in New York; d. 1983, San Diego.
13. iii. JOSEPH ALBERT MARCHESE, b. January 04, 1914, San Jose, CA.
14. iv. JOSEPHINE MARCHESE, b. July 06, 1915, San Jose, California.
15. v. VICTOR MARCHESE, b. October 30, 1920, San Jose, CA.
16. vi. MARIO MARCHESE, b. January 30, 1926.
vii. BABY MARCHESE, b. September 11, 1924.
More About BABY MARCHESE:
Cause of Death: Premature, bad heart
Medical Information: record # 1254 in the State and San Jose, coutrhouse
viii. HELEN MARCHESE, b. November 03, 1916; d. September 15, 1940, San Diego; m. JOE CONGE.
More About HELEN MARCHESE:
Burial: Ft. Rosecrans, San Diego
Cause of Death: Blood poisoning
Medical Information: the pimple was on her face that got infected
ix. ALBERT MARCHESE, b. 1911; d. 1913.
Notes for ALBERT MARCHESE:
Albert died at the age of 2. He was probably named after Minnie's brother Alberto. Minnie's first two children Rose and Albert were obviously named after her brother and sister.
x. BENJAMIN MARCHESE, b. March 1910.
7. SALVADORE4 MARCHESE (ROSALIE3 ANELLO, SALVATORE2, FRANSCESCO1) was born December 21, 1871 in Palermo Sicily, and died February 03, 1944 in In San Jose. He married MARY (MARIA) MORABITO. She was born 1873 in Palermo Sicily, and died in San Jose, CA.
Notes for SALVADORE MARCHESE:
Salvadore came to America on the S.S. Sicilian Prince in 1893 or 1902 ? He sent for the rest of the family and took care of them in New York until around 1907. This could of been the same time that Mario and Teresa also came to San Jose.He had studied to be a Priest, but that did not work out. He was a produce broker or fruit merchant and good at promoting. When the church at the end of Palm St. had a carnival, he would run it and it would be 2 blocks long. He always had plenty of money, but the story is that he was NOT in the Mafia, they wouldn't let him in. He was a very kind and generous man to take care of all those children, but could be very mean when drinking. He did succomb to alcoholism in his later years, and it is said it led to his death. His death certificate gives Bronchial Asthma and chronic myocarditis as the cause of death. All of his sons were successful in business,they were good salesmen.The oldest son, his step-son John, was the owner of the big distillery in San Jose.The sons also owned a cigar company a candy company and a liquor store. The son John, was the first one around to get a new cadallic.
More About SALVADORE MARCHESE:
Burial: February 05, 1944, Santa Clara Catholic Cemetery
Residence: lived across the street from Mario,at 804 Palm St..
Notes for MARY (MARIA) MORABITO:
Mary was the wife of the other brother, John, but when he died Mary came to America and married Salvadore. She came with her 3 children and Teresa on the ship Nord America in 1903. It went to Palermo, then to Napoli, before coming to America.Salvadore took care of all of them and ended up marrying Mary. Mary then had 9 children to Salvadore. Her and Salvadore also adopted Teresa's children. She was a very hard worker and took care of all of the kids, about 15. She sewed for the church. They fought alot because of Salvadore's drinking problem.
Children of SALVADORE MARCHESE and MARY MORABITO are:
i. EUGENE5 MARCHESE, b. 1905, New York; d. 1968, San Jose, CA in Agnew Asylum.
Notes for EUGENE MARCHESE:
Several stories are told about son Geno. He had epilepsy, which made his life different. At times the stories sound like he is a little off, but it could of been the disease. Victor tells about Geno always going on his roof and threatening to jump off. Joe tells about Geno disrupting the elementary school, which was on the nearby corner. When all the kids were in class, Geno would stand outside and keep sneezing real loud, then all the teachers would close the windows in order to keep out the sound.
More About EUGENE MARCHESE:
Medical Information (Fact: Had Epilepsy
ii. ALBERT MARCHESE, b. 1906, New York; d. January 1983, San Jose, CA.
iii. PAUL MARCHESE, b. 1909, Only one born in San Jose.
17. iv. NANCY MARCHESE.
v. IDA MARCHESE.
vi. JENNY MARCHESE.
vii. ARTHUR MARCHESE.
Notes for ARTHUR MARCHESE:
Died at a young age, in San Jose.
viii. JOSEPH JR. MARCHESE, d. San Jose, CA.
Notes for JOSEPH JR. MARCHESE:
This was Salvadore and Mary's youngest child. He was nicknamed "Babe". He died at 50 , he was alcoholic. He did have one child that possibly still lives in San Diego.
8. TERESA4 MARCHESE (ROSALIE3 ANELLO, SALVATORE2, FRANSCESCO1) was born 1876 in Palermo Sicily, and died 1919 in San Jose, CA. She married JOSEPH ZACARDI.
Notes for TERESA MARCHESE:
Sister of Salvadore and Mario, she came to America on the boat with Maria. She went to a convent in New Jersey, to become a Nun. Uncle Salvadore convinced her to leave and she met and married Joseph Zacardi. They had Rosalia, before coming to San Jose. They lived next door to Teresa's brother Mario. They had 7 children, only 4 lived past infancy.She died giving birth to the 7th child. After Teresa's death, the children went to Abrutsi, Italy with their father, he died and they were put in relatives's homes. Jenny went into a convent. Salvadore and Mary had to work hard to get them released to come back here. Jenny stayed there and the other 3 girls came and lived with Mary and Salvadore.
Children of TERESA MARCHESE and JOSEPH ZACARDI are:
18. i. MARGARET5 ZACARDI, b. 1915.
19. ii. EDITH ZACARDI, b. 1917.
iii. ROSE ZACARDI, b. 1911, Lodi, New Jersey.
iv. JENNY GIOVANA, ZACARDI, b. 1914.
v. PASQUALE ZACARDI, b. 1919, San Jose, CA.
vi. PASQUALE ZACARDI, b. 1912, San Jose, CA.
9. GIOVANNI4 JOHN, MARCHESE (ROSALIE3 ANELLO, SALVATORE2, FRANSCESCO1) was born 1863, and died 1897 in Palermo Sicily. He married MARY MORABITO.
Notes for GIOVANNI JOHN, MARCHESE:
John(Giovanni) was married to Maria, they lived inPalermo, Sicily, and had 3 children, Charles, Rosie and John. He died in 1897 at the age of 34, so Salvadore, who was already in the U.S., had Maria and the children come so he could take care of them. He also invited Mario and Teresa to come also. This was in 1903. Rosie (Rose), remembered seeing the Statue of Liberty when they arrived in the harbor.
Children of GIOVANNI JOHN and MARY MORABITO are:
i. CHARLES5 MARCHESE, b. 1893.
More About CHARLES MARCHESE:
Talents: Played the piano
20. ii. ROSIE MARCHESE, b. 1895, Palermo Sicily.
iii. JOHN MARCHESE, b. 1897, Palermo Sicily; d. 1962, Los Angeles, Ca..
10. BENEDETTO4 ANELLO (ANTONINO3, SALVATORE2, FRANSCESCO1) was born April 01, 1882 in Italy, and died November 04, 1972 in San Diego. He married ANGELINA BAVUSO.
Notes for BENEDETTO ANELLO:
Benedetto was the cousin of Mario Marchese that helped the family get started in San Diego. He and his family, including Nancy Anello, met them at the train, get them a place to stay on Crosby and National Ave. next to them, and got Mario a job at San Diego Gas & Electric.
More About BENEDETTO ANELLO:
Burial: Holy Cross Cemetary
Occupation: Gardener at Balboa Park in San Diego, after retireing from there, he worked at Convair
Child of BENEDETTO ANELLO and ANGELINA BAVUSO is:
i. NANCY5 ANELLO, b. 1916.
Notes for NANCY ANELLO:
Nancy is a wonderful and talented artist. Her favorite art is the old masters. She reproduces them and you can't tell the difference. Her and her husband have been in the travel business for many years.
More About NANCY ANELLO:
Residence: She has lived at 4410 34th St. in San Diego for 56 years.
Generation No. 5
11. JOHN HENRY5 MARCHESE (MARIO4, ROSALIE3 ANELLO, SALVATORE2, FRANSCESCO1) was born January 20, 1913 in San Jose, CA, and died January 13, 1991 in San Diego CA. He married DEE GINTHER, daughter of EDWARD ROTH and EDITH BARKER. She was born December 08, 1912 in Pittsburgh Pa., and died June 10, 2001 in San Diego, CA.Funeral at Greenwood Mem. Pk..
Notes for JOHN HENRY MARCHESE:
John had to quit school at the death of his mother, when he was 13 years old. He always was a hard worker and a very neat person. Even the cousins on Palm St. in San Jose remember John always shining his shoes, even though he wasn't going anywhere special.After moving to San Diego, John worked for the SDGE, than Klauber Wagenheim, then different linen supply companies. He worked for Kelly Linen Supply the longest, it is on India St. in San Diego.John loved people and children and that made him a great salesman. He never met a stranger.
John died of cancer in the bile duct, adenocarcinoma. He died in Mercy Hospital, after a 10 day stay. He passed on about 1 week before his 79th birthday.
More About JOHN HENRY MARCHESE:
Burial: Greenwood Mem. Pk. Eugenia Section
Nationality: full blooded Italian
Occupation: Was a great salesman most of his life. Always won awards for selling the most. He mostly worked for Linen Supply companies.
Religion: Was born and raised a Roman Catholic. He attended Catholic School in San Jose. He really believed in the Lord Jesus Christ as his Saviour.He was a member of Blessed Sacrament Church .
Residence: Bet. 1940 - 1990, lived 50 years at 6325 Malcom Dr. in San Diego 92115
Notes for DEE GINTHER:
Dee worked as a Beauty Operator before marrying John.Their first rented house was on National Ave., later Pennsyvania Ave., K.St. than 6325 Madrid Dr. (Malcolm). She was a homemaker most of her years, however she did work a few years in a local store as a clerk. She later was a volunteer for many years for the Braille Institute of San Diego and also a Hospital Volunteer Lady at 2 hospitals.
More About DEE GINTHER:
Burial: Greenwood Mem. Pk. Eugenia Section
Child of JOHN MARCHESE and DEE GINTHER is:
21. i. MARLENE6 MARCHESE, b. December 04, 1934, San Diego, CA.
12. ROSE5 MARCHESE (MARIO4, ROSALIE3 ANELLO, SALVATORE2, FRANSCESCO1) was born February 02, 1908 in At 205 E. 106th Street in New York, and died 1983 in San Diego. She married WILLIAM PATRICK BREEDING. He was born February 26, 1910 in Oregon, and died July 26, 1967 in San Diego.
Notes for ROSE MARCHESE:
Rosalie was the oldest of 7 children. She was born in New York, then came to San Jose with parents. The story is that her father brought her to San Jose, then the mother followed. Her mother was very young ,only 15 when she had Rosalie, , but after a few years in San Jose, settled down, and had almost one baby a year till her death in 1926. Rose quit school and became the mother of the family. She was very beautiful, resembled the movie star Loretta Young.When she married Patrick Breeding, they first lived at 2002 National Ave., in San Diego. Rose died of cancer of the liver.
More About ROSE MARCHESE:
Burial: 1983, Greenwood Mem. Pk. American Legion Section
Notes for WILLIAM PATRICK BREEDING:
"Pat" was born in Oregon. He served in the U.S. Navy for 22 years, which included W.W.11 and the Korean War. After his retirement he worked for the S.D. Gas & Electric Co. He died of a heart attack at 57 years old. He was loved by everyone and loved to help people. He lived in San Diego 31 years.His tombstone says CSC US Navy.
More About WILLIAM PATRICK BREEDING:
Burial: Greenwood Mem. Pk. Eugenia Section
Children of ROSE MARCHESE and WILLIAM BREEDING are:
i. LAVONNE6 BREEDING, b. 1934; d. 1936, San Diego.
Notes for LAVONNE BREEDING:
Lavone died at 2 with measles.
More About LAVONNE BREEDING:
Burial: Greenwood Mem. Pk, in the American Legion section near her mother Rose.
22. ii. DARLENE PATRICIA BREEDING, b. October 20, 1936; d. July 02, 1985, San Diego.
23. iii. SHIRLEY BREEDING,
24. iv. DAVID LEE BREEDING, b. June 20, 1946.
13. JOSEPH ALBERT5 MARCHESE (MARIO4, ROSALIE3 ANELLO, SALVATORE2, FRANSCESCO1) was born January 04, 1914 in San Jose, CA. He married MABEL LEE SOWELL. She was born September 02, 1913.
Notes for JOSEPH ALBERT MARCHESE:
When Joe came to San Diego, he started work with the San Diego Gas Co. He was a line-man and learned the trade, which led him into the Electrical Union. He worked as an electrician for several companies. He was always very handy with fixing and building things. He enjoys gardening and going to Las Vegas.
Children of JOSEPH MARCHESE and MABEL SOWELL are:
25. i. BARBARA ANN6 MARCHESE, b. October 29, 1934.
26. ii. BETTY JO MARCHESE, b. March 10, 1939, San Diego.
27. iii. LINDA SUSAN MARCHESE, b. November 24, 1948.
28. iv. LAURA LEE MARCHESE, b. December 05, 1950, San Diego.
14. JOSEPHINE5 MARCHESE (MARIO4, ROSALIE3 ANELLO, SALVATORE2, FRANSCESCO1) was born July 06, 1915 in San Jose, California. She married THOMAS H. BROWN. He was born 1912 in Georgia, and died 1971 in San Diego.
Notes for JOSEPHINE MARCHESE:
Josephine worked at the Holy Family Church, near her home in Linda Vista, for 30 years. She was a faithful worker serving the Priests at the Church.
Notes for THOMAS H. BROWN:
Thomas Brown served in the Navy on the U.S.S. Raleigh. It was stationed in San Diego in 1936, and Tom was assigned to run the PT boat to bring visitors to the ship from the foot of Broadway. That is where he first saw Josephine, it was love at first sight.He was in the Navy for 11 1/2 years, after leaving the military, Tom had a business of Watch Repair. He worked from a shop at the back of the house and repaired clocks and watches. His grave marker has the Longfellow poem, The nights shall be filled with music and the cares that besiege the day, will fold their tents like the Arabs, and will silently steal away. Tom loved poetry and also wrote poems.
More About THOMAS H. BROWN:
Burial: Greenwood Memorial Park, by duck pond.
Military service: U.S. Navy
Children of JOSEPHINE MARCHESE and THOMAS BROWN are:
i. SYLVIA LEE6 BROWN, b. July 15, 1940.
ii. YVONNE BROWN, b. August 10, 1941.
iii. THOMAS MARIO BROWN, b. September 17, 1947.
15. VICTOR5 MARCHESE (MARIO4, ROSALIE3 ANELLO, SALVATORE2, FRANSCESCO1) was born October 30, 1920 in San Jose, CA. He married (1) EMILY IRENE TAVARAS 1942 in Hawaii. She was born August 23, 1926 in Hawaii, and died November 12, 2002 in Encino, California. He married (2) DORIS HELEN BECKER October 26, 1954.
Notes for VICTOR MARCHESE:
Victorio Emanuel is a beautiful singer. He was gifted with a natural Tenor voice. He first started singing for audiences while in the U.S. Navy stationed in Oahu, Hawaii. He sang with the Royal Hawaiian Band, the Armed Forces Band and at the Royal Hawaiin Hotel. After discharge from the Navy, his talents were discovered in Hollywood. His voice coach was also Nelson Eddie's coach . Victor sang at the "Hot" nighclubs of his time, the Mocambo, etc. He cut around 10 MGM records which were heard alot in Southern Ca. on the radio. He also sang as a dubbed in voice for a movie titled Athena, with Jane Powell..He sang for many years at niteclubs in Hollywood, Florida. Victor also loves gardening.
Notes for EMILY IRENE TAVARAS:
Victor and Irene met in Hawaii while Victor was stationed there during WW 11 for the Navy. She was a young beautiful girl, they met and married. She was a beautiful hula dancer, and Victor sang at a hotel and Irene was one of the hula dancers. When the war was over, they came to San Diego with their first child, Helena. Mariana was born in San Diego and they later moved to Hollywood.
Children of VICTOR MARCHESE and EMILY TAVARAS are:
i. HELENA6 MARCHESE, b. October 22, 1944, Honolulu Hawaii.
ii. MARIANNA MARCHESE, b. December 05, 1946, San Diego California.
Children of VICTOR MARCHESE and DORIS BECKER are:
iii. VICTORIA ANGELA6 MARCHESE, b. October 23, 1955.
iv. WILLIAM MARIO MARCHESE, b. August 13, 1957.
v. JOHN JOSEPH MARCHESE, b. October 06, 1959.
vi. JOEL ALFRED MARCHESE, b. January 11, 1966.
16. MARIO5 MARCHESE (MARIO4, ROSALIE3 ANELLO, SALVATORE2, FRANSCESCO1) was born January 30, 1926. He married WANDA FORTNER May 07, 1947 in Ramona's Marraige Place in Old Town, San Diego CA.. She died February 16, 1988.
Notes for MARIO MARCHESE:
Mario served in the U.S. Navy during W.W. 11. He then worked at Convair, Hughes Tool Co. and Rohr.
Children of MARIO MARCHESE and WANDA FORTNER are:
i. LYNELL6 MARCHESE, b. February 15, 1948.
ii. DIANA MARCHESE, b. November 09, 1951.
17. NANCY5 MARCHESE (SALVADORE4, ROSALIE3 ANELLO, SALVATORE2, FRANSCESCO1) She married ART BRAGA.
Child of NANCY MARCHESE and ART BRAGA is:
i. BARBARA6 BRAGA.
18. MARGARET5 ZACARDI (TERESA4 MARCHESE, ROSALIE3 ANELLO, SALVATORE2, FRANSCESCO1) was born 1915. She married HENRY ZAVALA.
Child of MARGARET ZACARDI and HENRY ZAVALA is:
i. RAYMOND6 ZAVALA.
Notes for RAYMOND ZAVALA:
Raymond studied to be a Priest. He died by a drowning accident before he had finished his education.
19. EDITH5 ZACARDI (TERESA4 MARCHESE, ROSALIE3 ANELLO, SALVATORE2, FRANSCESCO1) was born 1917. She married MARCHESE.
Notes for EDITH ZACARDI:
Edith, nicknamed Edie, married a third cousin in New Jersey, a Marchese. She died of a heart attack.
Child of EDITH ZACARDI and MARCHESE is:
i. MARIA6 MARCHESE.
20. ROSIE5 MARCHESE (GIOVANNI4 JOHN, MARCHESE, ROSALIE3 ANELLO, SALVATORE2, FRANSCESCO1) was born 1895 in Palermo Sicily. She married NICOLINI.
Child of ROSIE MARCHESE and NICOLINI is:
i. PAUL6 NICOLINI, b. 1929.
More About PAUL NICOLINI:
Residence: San Jose
Generation No. 6
21. MARLENE6 MARCHESE (JOHN HENRY5, MARIO4, ROSALIE3 ANELLO, SALVATORE2, FRANSCESCO1) was born December 04, 1934 in San Diego, CA. She married (1) FRANK LEROY PHILLIPS May 30, 1954 in St. Paul's Episcopal Church, San Diego CA. He was born June 04, 1932 in Kansas City Mo. She married (2) RONALD LOVE ROBERSHAW July 05, 1969 in 1st Southern Baptist, San Diego CA. He was born March 06, 1937 in Etowah County, Alabama.
Notes for MARLENE MARCHESE:
Marlene was a parent volunteer in the schools for 12 years, and an assistant teacher for 3. She loves swimming every day, piano playing , history and art. Marlene is very active in Politics, serving on a County Advisory Comm. for 8 years and elected Board of Director in her community. She works on government related issues, is President and co-founder of Ramona Concert Assn. and writes frequently for the newspaper. Marlene also shares her Christian testimony as a speaker for Stonecroft Ministries, a non-denominational women's organization.
Children of MARLENE MARCHESE and FRANK PHILLIPS are:
29. i. NATALIE IRENE7 PHILLIPS, b. December 20, 1957, In a trailer in Eagle Rock, Ca..
30. ii. JOHN LEE PHILLIPS, b. June 09, 1960, Kansas City Mo in a house in the Italian district.
31. iii. VALERIE SUE PHILLIPS, b. June 06, 1964, In a house on Cornelius St. in Lemon Grove.
Child of MARLENE MARCHESE and RONALD ROBERSHAW is:
iv. THOMAS LOVE7 ROBERSHAW, b. June 12, 1970, Grossmont Hospital, La Mesa, CA; m. KIM TRIEPKE, August 18, 2001, Paradise Point, Mission Bay, San Diego.
22. DARLENE PATRICIA6 BREEDING (ROSE5 MARCHESE, MARIO4, ROSALIE3 ANELLO, SALVATORE2, FRANSCESCO1) was born October 20, 1936, and died July 02, 1985 in San Diego. She married (1) STAN BIALECKI. She married (2) CONRAD EMRICH.
Notes for DARLENE PATRICIA BREEDING:
Darlene had a beautiful singing voice. She was a Christian and loved the Lord. She liked to knit and decorate cakes. She died of bone cancer, and was a testimony to the Lord the years she fought the disease.
More About DARLENE PATRICIA BREEDING:
Burial: Greenwood Pk. American Legion Section, with mother Rose
Children of DARLENE BREEDING and STAN BIALECKI are:
32. i. STANLEY WILLIAM7 BIALECKI, b. 1958.
33. ii. ROSE MARY BIALECKI.
iii. ROBERT BIALECKI, m. BRENDA.
More About ROBERT BIALECKI:
Residence: Yuma, Arizona
iv. WILLIAM PATRICK BIALECKI, m. STEPHANIE.
More About WILLIAM PATRICK BIALECKI:
v. SHERRY LYNN BIALECKI.
More About SHERRY LYNN BIALECKI:
Residence: Alpine Ca.
Child of DARLENE BREEDING and CONRAD EMRICH is:
vi. DARLENE APRIL7 EMRICH.
More About DARLENE APRIL EMRICH:
Residence: lakeside, Ca.
23. SHIRLEY6 BREEDING (ROSE5 MARCHESE, MARIO4, ROSALIE3 ANELLO, SALVATORE2, FRANSCESCO1) was born January 03, 1938. She married LARRY CLAUNCH.
Notes for SHIRLEY BREEDING:
Shirley attended Maric College in 1981 to prepare her for her work in the nursing field. She is a Home Health Nurse. Shirley is a Christian and loves the Lord. She has 4 grandchildren.
Children of SHIRLEY BREEDING and LARRY CLAUNCH are:
34. i. MARLA JO7 CLAUNCH, b. July 03, 1959.
35. ii. LINDA CLAUNCH, b. August 12, 1962.
24. DAVID LEE6 BREEDING (ROSE5 MARCHESE, MARIO4, ROSALIE3 ANELLO, SALVATORE2, FRANSCESCO1) was born June 20, 1946. He married (1) KAREN. He married (2) MARY.
Notes for DAVID LEE BREEDING:
David attended Grossmont College, SDSU and USIU. At USIU he received a scholarship in baseball. David studied Civil Engineering and Pre-Law. He is now an Electrician. He has 6 grandchildren.
Child of DAVID BREEDING and KAREN is:
36. i. JACQUELINE MARIE7 BREEDING.
Child of DAVID BREEDING and MARY is:
ii. DAVID JR.7 BREEDING.
25. BARBARA ANN6 MARCHESE (JOSEPH ALBERT5, MARIO4, ROSALIE3 ANELLO, SALVATORE2, FRANSCESCO1) was born October 29, 1934. She married LEWIS BOOTH.
Children of BARBARA MARCHESE and LEWIS BOOTH are:
i. STEPHEN7 BOOTH, b. April 23, 1954.
ii. JOSEPH WILLIAM BOOTH, b. July 12, 1960.
iii. LEWIS NORMAN BOOTH JR., b. October 24, 1962.
iv. DAVID MICHAEL BOOTH, b. August 01, 1965.
26. BETTY JO6 MARCHESE (JOSEPH ALBERT5, MARIO4, ROSALIE3 ANELLO, SALVATORE2, FRANSCESCO1) was born March 10, 1939 in San Diego. She married ERNEST DAVE SALAZAR. He was born October 14, 1936.
Children of BETTY MARCHESE and ERNEST SALAZAR are:
i. VALERIE ANN7 SALAZAR, b. September 12, 1959; m. PAUL BAUMAN.
ii. MICHAEL ANTHONY SALAZAR, b. December 28, 1960.
iii. ERNEST DAVE SALAZAR JR., b. January 07, 1962.
iv. JOSEPH TODD SALAZAR, b. July 30, 1966.
27. LINDA SUSAN6 MARCHESE (JOSEPH ALBERT5, MARIO4, ROSALIE3 ANELLO, SALVATORE2, FRANSCESCO1) was born November 24, 1948. She married MARTIN JAMES LORENTZ March 03, 1973.
Children of LINDA MARCHESE and MARTIN LORENTZ are:
i. MATTHEW JAMES LORENTZ7 LORENTZ, b. January 14, 1975.
ii. CHRISTA MICHELLE LORENTZ, b. December 27, 1977.
iii. NICHOLAS MARTIN LORENTZ, b. September 09, 1983.
28. LAURA LEE6 MARCHESE (JOSEPH ALBERT5, MARIO4, ROSALIE3 ANELLO, SALVATORE2, FRANSCESCO1) was born December 05, 1950 in San Diego. She married MARK STEPHENSON.
Children of LAURA MARCHESE and MARK STEPHENSON are:
i. LARA7 SAN STEPHENSON, b. June 23, 1977.
ii. LAUREN MARIE STEPHENSON, b. December 25, 1979.
Generation No. 7
29. NATALIE IRENE7 PHILLIPS (MARLENE6 MARCHESE, JOHN HENRY5, MARIO4, ROSALIE3 ANELLO, SALVATORE2, FRANSCESCO1) was born December 20, 1957 in In a trailer in Eagle Rock, Ca.. She married RICHARD DIXON October 1995.
Child of NATALIE PHILLIPS and RICHARD DIXON is:
i. RACHEL NICOLE8 DIXON, b. February 03, 1999.
30. JOHN LEE7 PHILLIPS (MARLENE6 MARCHESE, JOHN HENRY5, MARIO4, ROSALIE3 ANELLO, SALVATORE2, FRANSCESCO1) was born June 09, 1960 in Kansas City Mo in a house in the Italian district. He married ELAINE REYES PABLO June 24, 2000 in Breakers Beach, Coronado California.
Child of JOHN PHILLIPS and ELAINE PABLO is:
i. NIETO ANGELO MARCHESE8 PABLO, b. April 12, 2002, San Diego.
31. VALERIE SUE7 PHILLIPS (MARLENE6 MARCHESE, JOHN HENRY5, MARIO4, ROSALIE3 ANELLO, SALVATORE2, FRANSCESCO1) was born June 06, 1964 in In a house on Cornelius St. in Lemon Grove. She married NEAL SUNDBERG.
Children of VALERIE PHILLIPS and NEAL SUNDBERG are:
i. KATHARINE DEE8 SUNDBERG, b. February 07, 1994.
ii. ANNA VICTORIA SUNDBERG, b. August 22, 1999.
iii. JULIA ROSE SUNDBERG, b. August 22, 1999.
32. STANLEY WILLIAM7 BIALECKI (DARLENE PATRICIA6 BREEDING, ROSE5 MARCHESE, MARIO4, ROSALIE3 ANELLO, SALVATORE2, FRANSCESCO1) was born 1958.
More About STANLEY WILLIAM BIALECKI:
Child of STANLEY WILLIAM BIALECKI is:
i. CHRISTIPHER8 BIALECKI.
33. ROSE MARY7 BIALECKI (DARLENE PATRICIA6 BREEDING, ROSE5 MARCHESE, MARIO4, ROSALIE3 ANELLO, SALVATORE2, FRANSCESCO1) She married RANDY BRANCH.
More About ROSE MARY BIALECKI:
Residence: Alpine Ca.
Children of ROSE BIALECKI and RANDY BRANCH are:
i. MARISA8 BRANCH.
ii. JOEY BRANCH.
iii. AUSTIN BRANCH.
34. MARLA JO7 CLAUNCH (SHIRLEY6 BREEDING, ROSE5 MARCHESE, MARIO4, ROSALIE3 ANELLO, SALVATORE2, FRANSCESCO1) was born July 03, 1959. She married BUTLER.
More About MARLA JO CLAUNCH:
Residence: La Mesa
Children of MARLA CLAUNCH and BUTLER are:
i. JACQUELYN YVETTE8 BUTLER.
ii. JOYCELYN MARIE BUTLER.
35. LINDA7 CLAUNCH (SHIRLEY6 BREEDING, ROSE5 MARCHESE, MARIO4, ROSALIE3 ANELLO, SALVATORE2, FRANSCESCO1) was born August 12, 1962. She married (1) GLASSER. She married (2) HIGHT.
More About LINDA CLAUNCH:
Residence: Santee Ca.
Children of LINDA CLAUNCH and HIGHT are:
i. ASHLEY ROSE8 HIGHT.
ii. CHARLES HIGHT.
36. JACQUELINE MARIE7 BREEDING (DAVID LEE6, ROSE5 MARCHESE, MARIO4, ROSALIE3 ANELLO, SALVATORE2, FRANSCESCO1)
More About JACQUELINE MARIE BREEDING:
Residence: North Carolina
Children of JACQUELINE MARIE BREEDING are:
i. DEAVEN8 BREEDING.
ii. ZACHARY BREEDING.