Descendants of Joseph Spencer
Generation No. 1
1. JOSEPH3 SPENCER (WILLIAM2, WILLIAM1) was born February 20, 1814 in Burton upon Trent ,Staffordshire, England, and died February 27, 1890 in Spencer Ave. East end of Pittsburgh. He married MARIA JACKSON 1844, daughter of THOMAS JACKSON and PHEBE COTTRELL. She was born October 08, 1826 in Belper, Derbyshire, England, and died June 14, 1914 in Spencer and Homewood Ave. Pittsburgh Penn..
Notes for JOSEPH SPENCER:
Joseph Spencer came to America in1840 from England on the ship, Ada Elizabeth, arriving in Philadelphia Penn. The 1950 census shows him married to Maria Spencer, maiden name Jackson. At that time they had one child, Maria, 5 years old. When he died, he was first buried in the Uniondale Cemetery in Pittsburgh, 2 years later, in 1892, he was removed and buried at the family plot at Homewood Cemetery at 1599 S. Dallas Ave. in Pittsburgh. This was done at the same time as one of his children, William Spencer and another infant, they were all moved together. They are all in Sec. 14, Lot A43. Joseph died of heart failure and dropsy at the age of 76.
Joseph had learned the trade of making horseshoe nails from his father. After emmigrating to America he settled in Pittsburgh, Pa. and continued in this trade until May 1848, when he purchased the Bull's Head Hotel. He was the proprietor of this for 21 years. In 1859, he purchased the Adam Wood Steam Brewery at the corner of 24th and Smallman Sts., occupying a building 56 X 154 ft. and producing 8000 barrels a year. Renamed the Spencer and Garrard firm and later the Spencer, McKay and Co. Brewery, it eventually became the leading brewery of Pittsburgh, producing 60,000 barrels of ale in 1873-74, nearly double that of any other brewery in the city. In 1865, after a destructive fire, it was rebuilt and named the Phoenix Brewery.
In July of 1869, he had changed his residency to a country seat-a fine fruit farm of 14 acres - at Homewood Station, on the line of the Pennsylvania Railroad, which he purchased. Here he enjoyed the wealth he accumulated since his arrival in America, which he estimates at $500,000. This Spencer Farm was at Lincoln Ave. and included almost all of Homewood - later called Apple Hill-now at the site of Apple Ave. or Spencer Ave. ( this information from "The Manufactories and Manufacturers of Pennsylvania of the Nineteenth Century. Philadelphia: Galaxy Publishing Co. 1875 p240-241. Western Pa. Historical Society).
Joseph's son-in-law Albert relates the story that Joseph enjoyed the sport of "prize-fighting." These were local, unprofessional , bare-handed bouts that he enjoyed taking part in.
More About JOSEPH SPENCER:
Burial: December 05, 1892, Homewood Cemetery, 1599 S. Dallas Ave. Pittsburgh, Pa.
Residence: Spencer Ave. East end of Pittsburgh
Notes for MARIA JACKSON:
Maria died of Exhaustion, according to death records from the cemetary. She is buried in Sec. 14, Lot A43.On Maria Spencer's probate notice, she left each of the daughters a house. They were each on Lincoln Ave. in Pittsburgh PA. , 1114 and 1112 and 1026. They were left to Harriet, Lillie and Annie. She lived to the age of 87 and had atleast 10 children. Maria and Joseph have a family plot at the Homewood Cemetary, with a tall obelisk with their names and the names of all their children inscribed on it. Also on the obelisk is the name of Martha Madeline Jackson, 1856-1864. Beings this was Maria's maiden name, perhaps it was a young sister. Maria belonged to the Episcopal Church in Pittsburgh. A large picture of her taken when she was about 80 years ago, shows her with her huge Bible. She is reading it for the picture. Their home was the "homestead" on Spencer Ave.When she died the Homestead was left to daughter Josephine.
More About MARIA JACKSON:
Burial: June 18, 1914, Homewood Cemetery, 1599 S. Dallas Ave. Pittsburgh, Pa.
Children of JOSEPH SPENCER and MARIA JACKSON are:
2. i. ANNIE ELIZABETH4 SPENCER, b. February 06, 1853, Pittsburgh Penn.; d. February 07, 1920, 9402 Frankstown Rd. Pa.Pittsburgh Penn..
3. ii. LILLIE JOSEPHINE SPENCER, b. 1867.
4. iii. HARRIET SPENCER, b. 1859, Pittsburgh Penn.; d. July 27, 1935, 1100 Lincoln Ave. Pittsburgh, Penn..
5. iv. MARIA SPENCER, b. 1845, Pittsburgh Penn.; d. March 11, 1901, Ocean Park California-.
v. WILLIAM SPENCER, b. 1851, Pittsburgh Penn.; d. October 06, 1867, 195 Second St. Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
Notes for WILLIAM SPENCER:
William was buried in Uniondale Cemetery in Pittsburgh, then moved to Homewood Cemetery 5 years later, at the same time the family brought an infant from the one place to the other. It had been buried along with William. William died of inflamation of the bowels
More About WILLIAM SPENCER:
Burial: December 05, 1892, Homewood Cemetery, 1599 S. Dallas Ave. Pittsburgh, Pa.
vi. MARRIETTA SPENCER, b. 1843.
vii. PHOEBE SPENCER, b. 1847.
viii. JOSEPH SPENCER, b. 1861.
ix. SARAH ELLEN SPENCER, b. 1864.
x. INFANT SPENCER.
Generation No. 2
2. ANNIE ELIZABETH4 SPENCER (JOSEPH3, WILLIAM2, WILLIAM1) was born February 06, 1853 in Pittsburgh Penn., and died February 07, 1920 in 9402 Frankstown Rd. Pa.Pittsburgh Penn.. She married (1) JOHN WALLACE WILSON 1870 in Annie and John had 6 children before his death. He was born February 18, 1846, and died 1882. She married (2) TOM W. BARKER 1883 in Pittsburgh, Penn., son of WILLIAM BARKER. He was born November 02, 1853 in Shefield England, and died March 16, 1932 in San Diego, CA.
Notes for ANNIE ELIZABETH SPENCER:
Annie Elizabeth Spencer Barker died of Bronchial Pneumonia. It is written on her death certificate that her occupation was "House Duties", old fashioned name for Housewife. Her tombstone says, Annie Spencer Wilson, wife of Thomas Barker. Wilson was her first husband who died. She was 67 yrs. and 1 day old. All together Annie had 9 children. Thegrandchildren of her second marraige spoke of their love for her. She was a great grandmother.
More About ANNIE ELIZABETH SPENCER:
Burial: February 09, 1920, Homewood Cemetary 1599 S. Dallas Ave. .
Notes for TOM W. BARKER:
When Tom Barker married Annie, she had had 6 children already to deceased John W. Wilson.He moved to San Diego after the death of his wife Annie Elizabeth in 1920. He owned a house at 6148 El Cajon Blvd. ,relatives say that his daughter Beatrice Koch lived with him. It is said that he died suddenly while sitting at the table eating. He had suffered with vascular heart disease, according to the death certificate. He was 78 yrs. old at his death. All of his records declare that he was a farmer. The ranch house on El Cajon Blvd. was more or less a Farm. He had cows, a slaughter house, chickens, and according to Wilberta, his grandaughter, he had a dairy. His property is now part of the site of College Ave. Baptist Church. The front of the property, along the Blvd. is apartments.When he acquired the property there was about 7 acres.
The 1910 Census records that Thomas emigrated to the U.S. in 1876, the boat passage of the USS Indiana from Liverpool, England, shows a Thomas Barker on board. The Indiana was 343 ft. long and was 3104 gross tons. It had a speed of 12 knots and could hold 967 passengers.
More About TOM W. BARKER:
Burial: Greenwood Memorial Park, Serenity Chapel, Nitch 165, East wall, his daughter Beatrice's husband, Elmer Koch is in the same nitch.
Emigration: May 03, 1876, From Liverpool onS.S. Indiana, an American Steamship Co. ship. It docked in Philadelphia, Pa.in 1876.
Residence: 1910, Spencer Ave. Pittsburgh, 6148 El Cajon Blvd. in San Diego
Children of ANNIE SPENCER and JOHN WILSON are:
i. HARRIETTE MARIE5 WILSON, b. July 1881, Pittsburgh Penn.; d. October 05, 1978, San Diego, CA; m. ROSCOE C. EVANS.
Notes for HARRIETTE MARIE WILSON:
Harriette Marie Wilson Evans was a writter and head of the Wilson School of Music in Pittsburgh Penn. She later came to Los Angeles, then San Diego, married an Evans and divorced. At her death she was quite well to do, owning several properties, partly handed to her by pre-deceased sister Beatrice Louise Koch. They are both interred at Greenwood Cemetary in the Cove of the Chapel Unit 2 #24.
Harriette lived to the ripe old age of 97. Her probate and Conservator files are in San Diego Superior Ct. Case # P119548 & P119247. At her death, Harriette owned 2 pieces of property leased from Continental Oil Co., one in Los Angeles and one in Kern County. She had 3 outstanding notes of around $7000, checking of $4000 and furnishings. Her total assets were $12,309. Her estate went to co-executrixs - Cousin Marie Frances Barnes and Marie's daughter, Geraldine Barnes Berger. Of special note is that she bequeathed all of her Prevention magazines to her doctor Dr. Elroy Crouse of 3330 Fourth Ave.
More About HARRIETTE MARIE WILSON:
Burial: October 08, 1978, Greenwood Cemetary, San Diego
ii. ISABEL WILSON, b. 1870.
Notes for ISABEL WILSON:
Isabel Wilson was the half-sister of Edith Barker and Edith's oldest daughter, Dee, looked exactly like her. A newspaper article says she was private secretary to the superintendent of the North Side postoffice, Pittsb. and a writer of short stories and other literary matters.
iii. ELLA WILSON, b. 1871.
Notes for ELLA WILSON:
Ella lived in Los Angeles after coming west from Pittsburgh. She was always the excentric, glamour girl. There are many pictures of her posing in different attire.
iv. LOUIE WILSON, d. at 18 months with pneumonia.
v. WILLIAM SPENCER WILSON, b. 1876, Pittsburgh Penn.; d. April 22, 1956, Woodville State Hospital, Pittsburgh, Pa..
Notes for WILLIAM SPENCER WILSON:
William died of Chronic Cardiac Vascular Disease. The 3 other siblings, Edith Ginther, Beatrice Koch, and William Barker, all had to sign with a notary to have him placed in the family plot at Homewood Cemetery.
More About WILLIAM SPENCER WILSON:
Burial: April 25, 1956, Homewood Cemetery, 1599 S. Dallas Ave. Pittsburgh, Pa.
vi. MARIA WILSON, b. 1879.
Children of ANNIE SPENCER and TOM BARKER are:
6. vii. EDITH PAULINE5 BARKER, b. February 07, 1894, Pittsburgh Penn.on Spencer Ave. Ward 21; d. February 08, 1963, San Diego, CA.
7. viii. WILBER BARKER, b. June 1884, Pittsburgh Penn.; d. November 08, 1956, San Diego, CA.
ix. BEATRICE LOUISE BARKER, b. 1888, Pittsburgh Penn.; d. August 09, 1970, San Diego, CA; m. ELMER F. KOCH; b. 1881; d. 1935, San Diego, CA.
Notes for BEATRICE LOUISE BARKER:
Beatrice Louise Barker Koch came to San Diego possibly in the the 1920s. She lived with her father, Thomas Barker, on the Cajon Blvd. ranch. She married Elmer Koch, who is cremated and in a double niche with Thomas Barker. When Thomas died in 1921, Beatrice inherited the property. She later sold off parts of it and also had it homesteaded in 1941.It is subdivision lot 5 - La Mesa Colony.It was around 7 acres.She also was bequeathed a house on Soria St. because the neighbor who lived there did not have any relatives and Beatrice was her friend. When Beatrice died in 1970, her estate contained assets of $37,33l. (probabe # 137917). The estate included property at 374l 42nd Street in San Diego and property at 4621 Soria Dr., some furnishings,cash of $500 and balances due on 4 notes totalling around $7800. The entire estate was left to her step-sister, Harriette Marie Wilson Evans.In later pictures of Beatrice, she looked just like her sister Edith.
More About BEATRICE LOUISE BARKER:
Burial: Greenwood Cemetary, San Diego
Cremation: 1970, Cove of Chapel Unit 2 #24
More About ELMER F. KOCH:
Burial: Greenwood Memorial Park, S.D.Serenity Chapel, East Wall Nitch 165, in same nitch as father-in-law, Thomas Barker
3. LILLIE JOSEPHINE4 SPENCER (JOSEPH3, WILLIAM2, WILLIAM1) was born 1867. She married J. MORTON PATTERSON.
Notes for LILLIE JOSEPHINE SPENCER:
Josephin was a very stately and independant women. Many pictures show her driving the roadster car, back in the 1910s. She was an Episcopalian and belonged to St. Paul in San Diego.
Notes for J. MORTON PATTERSON:
J. Patterson was quite an artist. He was hired to do the inside murals for the original Carlsbad Chicken-Inn. He divorced Josephine because he said he had to be free to be an artist.
Children of LILLIE SPENCER and J. PATTERSON are:
8. i. MARIE5 PATTERSON, b. Pittsburgh Penn.; d. 1982, San Diego, CA.
ii. BERNICE PATTERSON, m. EDGAR STEVENSON.
Notes for BERNICE PATTERSON:
Bernice was my grandmother's cousin. She was very ahead of her time. She attended San Diego State College around 1916 when it was at Park Blvd. and El Cajon Blvd. She married a young man Edward, and died in childbirth. The baby lived.
iii. JAMES M. PATTERSON, b. January 25, 1893, Pittsburgh Penn.; d. January 28, 1893, 6307 Bond St. Pittsburgh, Pa..
Notes for JAMES M. PATTERSON:
James died at 3 days old of convulsions.
More About JAMES M. PATTERSON:
Burial: January 28, 1893, Homewood Cemetery, 1599 S. Dallas Ave. Pittsburgh, Pa.
iv. CLIFFORD PATTERSON.
4. HARRIET4 SPENCER (JOSEPH3, WILLIAM2, WILLIAM1) was born 1859 in Pittsburgh Penn., and died July 27, 1935 in 1100 Lincoln Ave. Pittsburgh, Penn.. She married SAMUEL JOHN PURKISS. He was born 1847 in England, and died January 24, 1932 in 1100 Lincoln Ave. Pittsburgh, Penn..
Notes for HARRIET SPENCER:
Harriet Spencer Purkiss died at the age of 75 from Cirrhoses of the liver. One of the graves in the Homewood Family Plot is a Harriet Elizabeth Brooks. I suspect that this is a grandaughter of Harriet Purkiss. Harriet Brooks was born in New Kensington, Penn, died at the age of 73 at the Episcopal church home there.She died on Nov. 14, 1977.
More About HARRIET SPENCER:
Burial: July 29, 1935, Homewood Cemetery, 1599 S. Dallas Ave. Pittsburgh, Pa.
Notes for SAMUEL JOHN PURKISS:
Samuel died of Coronary Thrombosis.
More About SAMUEL JOHN PURKISS:
Burial: January 26, 1932, Homewood Cemetery, 1599 S. Dallas Ave. Pittsburgh, Pa.
Child of HARRIET SPENCER and SAMUEL PURKISS is:
i. SPENCER ST. ALBAN5 PURKISS, b. 1887, Pittsburgh Penn.; d. January 21, 1941, Chicago Illinois.
Notes for SPENCER ST. ALBAN PURKISS:
Spencer S. Purkiss was married to Ceceiled Purkiss. They lived in Chicago, and he had his own CPA firm. S.S. Purkiss and Co. on 332 South Michigan Ave. He died at the age of 53 with a cerebral hemorrage.
More About SPENCER ST. ALBAN PURKISS:
Burial: January 25, 1941, Homewood Cemetery, 1599 S. Dallas Ave. Pittsburgh, Pa.
5. MARIA4 SPENCER (JOSEPH3, WILLIAM2, WILLIAM1) was born 1845 in Pittsburgh Penn., and died March 11, 1901 in Ocean Park California-. She married ROBERT LIDDELL 1861 in St. James Episcopal Church, Pittsburgh, Penn.. He was born May 28, 1837 in Houghton-le-Spring near Durham, England, and died December 02, 1893.
Notes for MARIA SPENCER:
This was the oldest of the Spencer children. She gave her younger sister, Annie Elizabeth, at Christmas in 1865, a prayer book. It was from her and husband Robert Liddell. They inscribed a verse from the Bible on the first page,"their ways are ways of pleasantness and all their paths are peace"
Notes for ROBERT LIDDELL:
Robert Liddell became mayor of Pittsburgh, PA in 1878-81. He emmigrated to America from England in 1852 at the age of 15. Robert was very successful in many businesses including, manager at a Coal company, partner at Spencer McKay Brewery,owner of Gallatin Glass Works and wholesale Liquor. He is buried in the Uniondale Cemetary in Pittsburgh.
Children of MARIA SPENCER and ROBERT LIDDELL are:
i. BLANCH5 LIDDELL.
9. ii. ALBERT LIDDELL, b. December 28, 1879, Pittsburgh Penn.; d. 1946, Pittsburgh Penn..
iii. ROBERT WILLIAM LIDDELL, b. December 28, 1874.
iv. ANNIE ATKINSON LIDDELL, b. 1862; m. FREDERICK GAMBLE, 1885; b. 1862, Pittsburgh Penn.; d. 1922.
v. EDWIN HIRAM STONE LIDDELL, b. July 24, 1884.
vi. JOHN WILKINSON LIDDELL, b. May 25, 1876.
vii. MARGARET M. LIDDELL, b. 1863.
viii. OLIVE M. LIDDELL, b. 1871.
ix. WALTER F. LIDDELL, b. 1883.
x. MALCOLM LIDDELL, b. Bet. 1881 - 1887.
xi. JOSEPH SPENCER LIDDELL, b. 1866, Pittsburgh Penn.; d. 1884, Pittsburgh Penn..
Generation No. 3
6. EDITH PAULINE5 BARKER (ANNIE ELIZABETH4 SPENCER, JOSEPH3, WILLIAM2, WILLIAM1) was born February 07, 1894 in Pittsburgh Penn.on Spencer Ave. Ward 21, and died February 08, 1963 in San Diego, CA. She married (1) EDWARD CLARENCE ROTH 1911 in Pittsburgh Pa.. He was born 1894 in Pennsylvnia. She married (2) SAMUEL E. GINTHER December 04, 1925. He was born November 12, 1893 in Indiana, and died December 09, 1943 in San Diego, CA.
Notes for EDITH PAULINE BARKER:
After Edith found out about the descretions of her first husband, Edward Roth, her step-sister, Isabelle Wilson came from California to get Edith and the girls and take them back on the train. They told Edward that they were just going on a vacation and would return. She came to San Diego and never returned. She got a divorce in 1924 from him.When they arrived in San Diego the family had to split up. Wilberta went to live with Aunt Harriet in Los Angeles, Beatrice with Aunt Beatrice on El Cajon Blvd. near College Ave. and Dee stayed with her mother at Aunt Marie's on Granada Ave. Edith married Samuel E. Ginther after meeting him at the Boarding house that she and her daughter Dee lived and worked at. It was run by their Aunt Marie, Edith's cousin. Edith also worked at a grocery store in Hillcrest. They were married tilll his death in 1943. He committed suicide.He was alcoholic. He was a mechanic and a fisherman by trade and had alot of financial losses. From what is told, he lost several boats at sea. Edith was always a quiet person. She attended church at different times and at different churches all her life. Because she usually had to walk to church or get a ride, she wasn't fussy about where she went. She told her daughters that as a young person she had gone down the "sawdust trail" at a meeting with Billy Sunday, a camptown preacher. This was the term meaning she went forward to receive Christ into her heart and life. Edith had heart troubles at the end of her life. She died in the San Diego County Hospital, in the Hillcrest area.
More About EDITH PAULINE BARKER:
Burial: Ft.Rosecrans, SD
Notes for EDWARD CLARENCE ROTH:
All we know about Edward Roth is that he was the father to Dee, Wilberta and Beatrice. Both of Edward's parents, according to a 1920 Census, were from Germany and spoke German. . It is told that he was unfaithful in the worse way, so Edith packed up the kids and moved to San Diego, where some of her sisters lived.
More About EDWARD CLARENCE ROTH:
Occupation: 1920, Machinist for the Railroad
Residence: 1920, 1407 Lang Ave. Ward 13
Marriage Notes for EDITH BARKER and EDWARD ROTH:
Edith and Edward were both only 19 when their first child, Dee, was born.
Notes for SAMUEL E. GINTHER:
More About SAMUEL E. GINTHER:
Burial: Ft.Rosecrans, SD
Children of EDITH BARKER and EDWARD ROTH are:
10. i. DEE6 ROTH, b. December 08, 1912, Pennsylvnia; d. June 10, 2001, La Mesa, Ca.
ii. WILBERTA MARIE ROTH, b. February 21, 1916, Pittsburgh Penn.; m. TED ANGELL, August 06, 1937, San Diego; b. March 17, 1908; d. June 03, 1983, San Diego, CA.
Notes for WILBERTA MARIE ROTH:
Wilberta, or Berta as she was known, became a Christian in the fall of 1953. She gave her life to the Lord Jesus and served Him faithfully the rest of her life. She served in her Church in many capacities , which was Baptist, and witnessed to the Gospel whenever possible. Berta and husband Ted lived in La Mesa, on West Point Ave. for most of their married life. She mostly attended and was a member of Baptist Churches. They had no children, but for years had a daycare in their home, and had many children that loved them.
Notes for TED ANGELL:
Ted Angell was a professional actor, magician and violinist. He became a strong Christian, as was his wife Wilberta, and he often performed as a Gospel Magician. His parents had been professional vauldville musicians and he grew up spending alot of time on the stage.
More About TED ANGELL:
Burial: Greenwood Memorial Park
11. iii. BEATRICE ROTH, b. 1920, Pittsburgh Penn..
Child of EDITH BARKER and SAMUEL GINTHER is:
12. iv. VIVIAN6 GINTHER, b. 1928; d. 1999.
7. WILBER5 BARKER (ANNIE ELIZABETH4 SPENCER, JOSEPH3, WILLIAM2, WILLIAM1) was born June 1884 in Pittsburgh Penn., and died November 08, 1956 in San Diego, CA. He married (1) NELLIE in San Diego. She died in San Diego, CA. He married (2) LAURA ANNIE HARRISON January 26, 1909 in St. James Episcopal Church, Pittsburgh, Penn..
Notes for WILBER BARKER:
Wilbur's real name was William Thomas Barker. He married Laura Harrison in Pittsburgh, deserted her and their 2 girls in 1914. Laura filed for divorce in 1920 on the basis of desertion. He had come to San Diego and married again. None of the San Diego relatives ever knew he had another family, if any did they kept the secret to the grave. His 2nd wife was named Nellie. She was mentioned by the family as being " a little off". First wife Laura was noted by her family as being a very mean person, but his mistake was in not supporting the children. Laura and the children had to depend on Laura's parents to provide for them. Wilbur was connected to the family brewery in Pittsburgh (see Joseph Spencer), and Laura petitioned the courts after the divorce and did receive some money from the brewery as assets were sold off during the depression.
Children of WILBER BARKER and LAURA HARRISON are:
13. i. BEATRICE WYNN6 BARKER, b. 1910, Pittsburgh Penn.; d. 1964.
14. ii. DOROTHY GLADYS BARKER, b. 1911, Pittsburgh Penn.on Oakwood & Frankstown Rd..
8. MARIE5 PATTERSON (LILLIE JOSEPHINE4 SPENCER, JOSEPH3, WILLIAM2, WILLIAM1) was born in Pittsburgh Penn., and died 1982 in San Diego, CA. She married RILEY BARNES.
Notes for MARIE PATTERSON:
Aunt Marie was a cousin of Edith P. Barker, she lived in San Diego and ran a boarding house on Granada St. She helped her cousing, my grandmother Edith, by taking them in after arriving here from Pittsburgh in 1924. Her and husband Riley lived in several other houses while they raised their 2 girls. Later on they would rent the house on Soria St. near College and El Cajon Blvd. from the owner, her cousin Beatrice Barker Koch. The house is still owned by Marie's daughter, Geraldine. Marie and her family belonged to the Methodist Church in San Diego.
Notes for RILEY BARNES:
Riley had one daughter before marrying Marie, her name was Gladys.Riley and Marie had one daughter, Geraldine. My mother Dee and Gladys were a real "pair". They were always up to or into something. My mother called Barnsy her uncle. It was from him that my Mom got her idea and notion to have a special Christmas tree every Christmas. Barnsy always put alot into the Christmas tree. He had a village and fence under the tree - a habit my Mom caught onto- and meticulously placed the ornaments and single strands of tinsel on each tree. His daughter Geraldine remembers helping with this chore, which included taking down each strand and saving them for the next year.
Children of MARIE PATTERSON and RILEY BARNES are:
15. i. GERALDINE6 BARNES.
ii. GLADYS BARNES.
9. ALBERT5 LIDDELL (MARIA4 SPENCER, JOSEPH3, WILLIAM2, WILLIAM1) was born December 28, 1879 in Pittsburgh Penn., and died 1946 in Pittsburgh Penn.. He married FLORENCE KEALLY 1906.
Children of ALBERT LIDDELL and FLORENCE KEALLY are:
i. ALBERT6 LIDDELL, b. 1908.
ii. FLORENCE MARIE LIDDELL, b. 1909.
iii. MARY M. LIDDELL, b. 1911.
iv. JOSEPH LIDDELL, b. 1917.
v. CHARLES KEALLY LIDDELL, b. 1922.
vi. MARY IRENE LIDDELL, b. 1925.
Generation No. 4
10. DEE6 ROTH (EDITH PAULINE5 BARKER, ANNIE ELIZABETH4 SPENCER, JOSEPH3, WILLIAM2, WILLIAM1) was born December 08, 1912 in Pennsylvnia, and died June 10, 2001 in La Mesa, Ca. She married JOHN H. MARCHESE March 10, 1934 in San Diego - Our Lady of Angels. He was born January 10, 1913 in San Jose, CA. 759 Palm St., and died January 13, 1991 in San Diego, CA.
More About DEE ROTH:
Baptism: October 25, 1914, St.James Memorial Church -Pittsburgh
Burial: June 15, 2001, Greenwood Memorial Park
More About JOHN H. MARCHESE:
Burial: Greenwood Memorial Park
Child of DEE ROTH and JOHN MARCHESE is:
16. i. MARLENE7 MARCHESE, b. December 04, 1934, Mercy Hospital, San Diego.
11. BEATRICE6 ROTH (EDITH PAULINE5 BARKER, ANNIE ELIZABETH4 SPENCER, JOSEPH3, WILLIAM2, WILLIAM1) was born 1920 in Pittsburgh Penn.. She married DON MCKINNEY.
Children of BEATRICE ROTH and DON MCKINNEY are:
i. PHYLLIS RAE7 MCKINNEY.
ii. DAVID ROTH MCKINNEY.
12. VIVIAN6 GINTHER (EDITH PAULINE5 BARKER, ANNIE ELIZABETH4 SPENCER, JOSEPH3, WILLIAM2, WILLIAM1) was born 1928, and died 1999. She married SAMUEL UDUT.
Children of VIVIAN GINTHER and SAMUEL UDUT are:
17. i. SUE7 GINTHER, b. 1944.
ii. KATHARINE UDUT.
iii. LINDA UDUT.
iv. CAROL UDUT.
13. BEATRICE WYNN6 BARKER (WILBER5, ANNIE ELIZABETH4 SPENCER, JOSEPH3, WILLIAM2, WILLIAM1) was born 1910 in Pittsburgh Penn., and died 1964. She married LEO JAMISON 1930.
Children of BEATRICE BARKER and LEO JAMISON are:
i. CAROL WYNNE7 JAMISON, d. 2000.
ii. ERNEST JAMISON.
14. DOROTHY GLADYS6 BARKER (WILBER5, ANNIE ELIZABETH4 SPENCER, JOSEPH3, WILLIAM2, WILLIAM1) was born 1911 in Pittsburgh Penn.on Oakwood & Frankstown Rd.. She married MALCOLM MACDONALD.
Children of DOROTHY BARKER and MALCOLM MACDONALD are:
i. JANET ELLEN7 MACDONALD, b. 1936, Philadelphia, Penn..
ii. MALCOLM GORDON MACDONALD, b. 1938, Philadelphia, Penn..
iii. ANN WYNNE MACDONALD, b. 1944, Philadelphia, Penn..
15. GERALDINE6 BARNES (MARIE5 PATTERSON, LILLIE JOSEPHINE4 SPENCER, JOSEPH3, WILLIAM2, WILLIAM1) She married LAURENCE BERGER.
Notes for GERALDINE BARNES:
Geraldine Barnes was born and grew up in San Diego. She was a graduate of San Diego High. She was a majorette while in Jr. High and Marlene got her hand-me-down baton. It was very long and heavy. That is when they were made of metal. After many bruises and hurt toes, Marlene decided she was not majorette material. Geraldine and Laurence live in La Mesa Ca. on Bruce Ct.
Children of GERALDINE BARNES and LAURENCE BERGER are:
i. GARY7 BERGER.
ii. LAURALYN BERGER.
Generation No. 5
16. MARLENE7 MARCHESE (DEE6 ROTH, EDITH PAULINE5 BARKER, ANNIE ELIZABETH4 SPENCER, JOSEPH3, WILLIAM2, WILLIAM1) was born December 04, 1934 in Mercy Hospital, San Diego. She married (1) FRANK PHILLIPS May 30, 1954 in St. Pauls, San Diego. She married (2) RON L. ROBERSHAW July 05, 1969 in 1st Southern, San Diego - Park Blvd.. He was born March 06, 1937 in Gadsden, Alabama.
Children of MARLENE MARCHESE and FRANK PHILLIPS are:
i. NATALIE IRENE8 PHILLIPS, b. December 20, 1957.
ii. JOHN LEE PHILLIPS, b. June 09, 1960.
iii. VALERIE SUE PHILLIPS, b. June 06, 1964.
Child of MARLENE MARCHESE and RON ROBERSHAW is:
iv. THOMAS LOVE8 ROBERSHAW, b. June 12, 1970.
17. SUE7 GINTHER (VIVIAN6, EDITH PAULINE5 BARKER, ANNIE ELIZABETH4 SPENCER, JOSEPH3, WILLIAM2, WILLIAM1) was born 1944. She married ODLE.
Notes for SUE GINTHER:
Susan was born in San Diego and lived with her grandma, Edith for many years.
Child of SUE GINTHER and ODLE is:
i. RICK8 ODLE.